APSATS was established to meet several goals:
- Provide certification in the trauma treatment model for Certified Clinical Partner Specialists (CCPS) and Certified Partner Coaches (CPC) who meet APSATS’s training and supervision requirements.
- Serve as the leading organization partners turn to for resources.
- Seek to improve the quality of care given to partners of sex addicts, and thereby decrease the incidence of secondary trauma.
- Provide education, advocacy and seek to increase public awareness of the needs and traumatic effects experienced by partners of sex addicts.
- Secure funding to meet these objectives.